Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Keeping Track

Since September first I have kept track of books I've read. It's a ever continuing list, because I am not enrolled in school until January. I decided to take a semester off of school for some reasons, I would explain but I don't want to make things tedious. So I found that this would be a perfect opportunity to catch up on some books I've always wanted to read. I would strongly suggest any of these books to anyone. They have definitely changed the way I view life and certain people in it. I can say that most of these I can claim as life changing books. I can also say that I feel like I've improved myself by reading as much as I do, everyone should try to read as much as they can. And so here's the list:

1. Visions Of Gerard - Jack Kerouac - Novel
2. Franny and Zooey - J.D. Salinger - Novel
3. Watchmen - Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons - Graphic Novel
4. Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour: an Introduction - J.D. Salinger - Novel
5. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love - Raymond Carver - Short Stories
6. Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut - Novel
7. Tremor Of Intent - Anthony Burgess - Novel
8. And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks - Jack Kerouac & William S. Burroughs - Novel
9. Billy Budd - Herman Melville - Novella
10. Tender is The Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald - Novel
11. Breakfast Of Champions - Kurt Vonnegut - Novel
12. A Streetcar Named Desire - Tennessee Williams - Play
13. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck - Novella
14. The Old Man and The Sea - Ernest Hemmingway - Novella
15. The Plague - Albert Camus - Novel
16. Existentialism and Human Emotions - Jean-Paul Sartre - Essay's
17. The Importance of Being Ernest - Oscar Wilde - Play
18. A Woman Of No Importance - Oscar Wilde - Play
19. An Ideal Husband - Oscar Wilde - Play
20. Lady Windermere's Fan - Oscar Wilde - Play
21. Salome - Oscar Wilde - Play
22. The Picture Of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - Novel
23. The Graduate - Charles Webb - Novel
24. Breakfast At Tiffany's - Truman Capote - Novella
25. House Of Flowers - Truman Capote - Short Story
26. A Diamond Guitar - Truman Capote - Short Story
27. A Christmas Memory - Truman Capote - Short Story
28. Complete Short Fiction - Oscar Wilde - Short Stories
29. Other Voices, Other Rooms - Truman Capote - Novel
30. Les Enfants Terribles - Jean Cocteau - Novel
31. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov - Novel
32. Dearest Father - Franz Kafka - Collection of writings; letter to father
33. Music for Chameleons - Truman Capote - Short non-fiction stories
34. The Fan Man - William Kotzwinkle - Novel
35. The Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man - James Joyce - Novel
36. The Grass Harp & Tree Of Night and Other Stories - Truman Capote - Novella, short stories
37. Moby-Dick or, The Whale - Herman Melville - Novel
38. Billy Liar - Keith Waterhouse - Novel
39. The Waves - Virginia Woolf - Novel
40. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey - Novel
41. The Impostor - Jean Cocteau - Novel

It's Still Growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment